Sunday, July 2, 2017

20th of Hearthfire, 4E 201

    The trip to Whiterun was quiet in more ways than one.  I had much thinking to do and Bishop seemed to be thinking hard about something as well. I caught his looks now and then and if he wasn't have an internal argument with himself about me, then I'm a skeevers uncle. 

  
  We arrived back in Whiterun and a courier met the carriage. He had three thing's for me, a long package and a heavy envelope and a lighter envelope.

  All in all I got two letters and a package from the courier. I walked over to a brazier to read them in the early evening light. I handed Bishop the long package, asking him to unwrap it for me. One letter was from the Jarl of Falkreath Hold, I had met the man a few times and really didn't care for him. Whatever he wanted could wait. That letter I threw in the brazier.

  The second letter also held a key, it was from the Steward in Markarth.  He stated that a man I had helped had passed away but not before getting all of his affairs in order. For my help he was giving me a small farmstead in Whiterun. 

  I heard Bishop's intake of breath and looked up at him. He was staring down at the sword in his hands. I took the step over and looked down at it,  it was a fine blade, I picked it up out of Bishops hands and tested the balance.

  I would never have chosen the guard, but holding it I knew, this was a blade that I could use and would allow my skills to shine. I didn't think anything could spoil so fine a gift.. but Bishop managed it..

  "Must be nice getting gifts from all your admirers, what's the key to, a Castle?" His lips were compressed and thin, his face too blank, eye's hooded, but his shoulders where hunched and rounded forward.  I did not say what I wanted to, what first came to mind.. I think, no, I know that he was feeling slightly inadequate, he could not complete with gold. 

  "No, a farm on the edge of town and the man bequeathed it to me".  He blinked as he realized what I was saying, with out saying it. Nothing I could do about the sword, Captain Jack had sent it to me, it had belonged to his Mother, the note said that it belonged in a woman's hands again.

  As I turned into town, an idea hit me, but I said nothing, time, I would need a little time and a good opportunity. 

  Well it took less time that I thought it would, but as we entered the gates of Whiterun, the guards were fighting something. I cast a Flame Atronach spell and a ward around me, cause I could not see anything. Bishop and Karnwyr had better luck.

  My opportunity came when I ran strait into a Master Vampire, he didn't cause the slice that made my armor top and pants un-patchable, but Bishop would never know. The thin slice of skin, that I healed just as he rounded the corner, was a small price to pay... he had paid with his...umm life? death? next life.. what ever one calls it.

  The tear and hole in my armor got a good look through narrowed eyes, as he hauled me over to the temple and got the Priestess to look at the wound. She said it was mostly healed, but at the glare she got, she caste a simple heal spell, I winked at her and handed her a couple gold.

  Giving a dramatic sigh, I poked my finger in the hole. " I guess, I'll have to dig out my old armor.", I looked at Bishop, " It's serviceable, but not really good, much patched from fighting the first dragons. Adrienne is really good at weapons and heavy armor, but not light. I guess I'll have to see what she has, it will have to do."  I shrugged and turned away, but caught the thoughtful look on his face. 

  I smiled to myself, I remembered he had told the Fletcher in Solitude that he made his own arm's and armor, only that knife was made by someone else and it had been taken from a bandit. 

  No matter his reasoning, I knew he could make me some armor, I could only hope that it suited my personal sense of style.. I could almost be that the cleavage would be low. 

 I snickered to myself, men are most piculiar. He had made comment's about my person (reader I am laughing at myself) including how he would like to cute off my armor and have his way with what he found underneath. And before you think badly, he has not once touched me in an unpolite way. He hated the way other men oogled me though. Makes sense right?

  My Aunt always said, " If you've got it flaunt it, but remember anything on display is for sale."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment