Friday, June 30, 2017

16th of Hearthfire, 4E 201

   We will be leaving shortly on the carriage to Whiterun, but as the other passengers are not here yet, we have to wait on them. I figured it's as good a time as any to write, what amount's to well, one of those really funny peculiar happenings.

  We had walked out from Ustengrav and got the attention of a fisherman, who took us to the shore on the Solitude side, but not at the docks. He said their would be a docking fee if he did that and while I did give him some gold, I understood what he was not saying.

  As we passed the stair's down to the docks, a drunk sailor got my attention.  He asked if I knew where his ship was. I said no, but I thought it might be in the last place he put it and what did it look like. Bishop was trying hard not to laugh and failing, even Karnwyr after sniffing the man once, whinnied and put his paws over his nose.

 He introduced himself as "Captain Jack"  or at least that is what I think he said. He said his ship had a dragon skull on the forecastle, with the bone's of the dragon down it's sides.  I grimaced but looked out on the docks and sure enough, their she was, at the last berth. 

  It took two hours, but we managed to get him to his ship, dry but still drunk. He invited us to see his ship and have dinner with him. I shrugged and looked at Bishop who was laughing hard enough his eye's were watering. Not like we had much to do, so we agreed to dinner.

  I know I should have known better, but.. After dinner and what appeared to be a much more sober and actually humorous Captain Jack , he challenged Bishop to a knife throwing contest. ... Sailor style.,, The looser of each round had to drink a glass of rum.  With his head start, Captain Jack, errr lost more often than not.

  Halfway back to Solitude, the rum hit Bishop hard and he leaned on me so heavily that the guard actually came and helped. We got him into bed and I took his boots off, but left his knives where he could easily find them.

  I woke in the morning to a load thump and an exclaimed "Holy Crap", followed by what sounded like the moan of a man with a really really bad hangover. The conversation that followed that went something like this:

" I...You.. did we?"

"Did we what?"  Oh yeah I knew what he wanted to know.. 

"Lady-ship, did we ..." followed by a load moan

"Did we have sex?  No, my virginity is as safe as it ever was." Butter wouldn't have melted in my mouth.. though my Momma would have washed it out with soap.

   His head whipped up and he turned green around the mouth and I could see him fighting his stomach.  I went and grabbed a bucket, none to soon as it happens. When he was finished wrenching up the soured content's of his stomach, I placed the bucket with a cover outside the door and gave him a wet cloth and a mint leaf. 

I walked back over to the table and picked up the cup of herb's I had been steeping most of the night and kept cool in a pan of water that I had frozen with a spell.

  "Here, this will go you some good."  He looked a me oddly and then took the cup, "It's not poison Bishop and can't be worse than that rum."  When he had drank it all down, I lifted his face and looked into his eyes, I saw the pain and mussiness of a hangover, but not drunkenness so I caste a healing spell and told him he had one hour til the carriage left, if he was still going with me. He might want to go take a bath and get a meal.

  I could see that life was going to get interesting and I started hoping... 

No comments:

Post a Comment