Thursday, July 13, 2017

22nd of Frostfall, 4E 201

     I write this as we bump along on the way back from Riften. We had found Esbern in the Ratway, which is to say a warren of sewers and passages below Riften.

   We left more dead Thalmor behind us down there and one dead Khajiit in the town square. Thankfully as she attacked one of the guards saw her draw her  knife and shot her with a few arrows. I saw Bishop palm a piece of paper, which he later gave to me, it was a note saying that the "target" should be eliminated.. and I would guess I was the target.

   I took Esbern to the Inn and go him a good meal, while Bishop went to see about taking a carriage back to Riverwood or at the very least Whiterun. Esbern wasn't in the greatest of shape, but not bad either.

    We should make Whiterun in a day or so, the way is rather mountainous and the horses slow.  Bishop and I could have walked faster, but it would have Exhausted Esbern. 


     He is not so gaunt looking as he was when we first started the trip and has taken on some color as well.

    Bishop and Karnwry are ranging around the carriage, sometimes I don't see them for hours. I know I am rarely out of his sight for long.


    We are on the downward slope to Whiterun and I thought about something. Why was my family attacked? Grief hit me hard, but I fought it down. Who was not as important as why. In our world of political intrigue mercenaries were easy to buy.. so who, not important.

    I would have to give it more thought, but when I could manage to distance myself from the pain and grief a bit more than I could right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment