Monday, July 10, 2017

4th of Frostfall, 4E 201

  I sit here listening to a snow storm, it's thundering!  I did not even know it could do that! Live and learn right?

  We got to the Inn right as the snow storm struck and so did a Frost dragon. Fighting a frost dragon in the middle of a white out is not what I would call fun <sigh>  and of course dear reader, Delphine got there right after the dragon died and the light show ended.

  Figures right?  And she wanted to go up the mountain and check out the dragon mound. I told her to go right ahead, I had just fought one dragon, their was a blizzard raging outside and I wasn't going to blindly walk into a trolls lair or dragon's maw because she was impatient. 

  That was two days ago, we fought a dragon there and reader, you will never believe this one!  That huge black dragon that I saw over Helgen it was bringing the other dragon back to life! 

  It was a very hard won fight, but win we did... or I would not be writing this! Delphine answered all the question's I had about her and what she thought was going on.

  Somewhere over the year's Delphine lost her objectivity, she could only see one enemy, the Thalmor. They must have something to do with the dragon's returning, she was insistent on that. I think she might be a few eggs shy of a full dozen.. You seriously don't want to know what Bishop thought of her.

  I agreed to meet her back in Riverwood and she would have some idea how I would get into the Thalmor Embassy. 

   It's been a pleasant two days, I spent the day playing cards, playing my lute and finding out what was going on in the world. Bishop helped by asking some people that had traveled through High Rock about "Some to do with the royal family".

   They said it wasn't "exactly the Royal Family" but family and that most of them had been massacred in a three day period. The King was in not happy with such an unsanctioned act and the family that had hired the bandit/ thug's was mostly in prison.

  The worst of the Death's were the Lord Captain's Son and his promised wife and the majority of her family. A few were guest's of the King, with guards following them everywhere, to make sure an assassin did not get them. Which one of the women said was how one of the youngest was killed, while playing in the Royal garden, with the King's youngest.

  I saw Bishop looking at me from the corner of his eye and I nodded once.  I kept my face neutral, but I was screaming inside. Sabrina, dead... those liquid blue eye's often hidden by soft black curls, never to laugh again. She was the only one of us young enough to play it the King's Daughter. 

  Something in me analyzed what was said and I realized they all thought I was dead. It wasn't a bad thing, except to what was left of my family. I could do nothing right now, but I would look into it all later.

  At the end of the song I was playing, a soft tune from High Rock, on of the travelers had requested, Bishop stood up and held out his hand for me and apologized, saying that morning would come early and we would need to be on the road before the sun rise.

  I cried myself to sleep, held in warm arms. I told Bishop silly stories of my siblings. I knew that once everything was settled down and I could be sure all was well, I would send a letter to the king about how I had escaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment