Sunday, July 9, 2017

28th of Hearthfire, 4E 201

   I stared at the ring in my hand, it wasn't just a lump of metal, but a thought, dream, desire that passed from one hand to another. To my people a ring was as binding as a contract, was a contract in fact. 

  By his words, Wolves mate for life and the fact that the ring had a wolf's head on it, to my people would mean that he wished to be mated to me til we died.  Mated to, but not necessarily only to..hmm no I could not really see him sharing, but would he expect me to? 

  I didn't know if I loved him, I knew I had very strong feelings, some of which were simple lust, but the deciding factor was what my Great Aunt always said, " Can you  imagine your life with out him? Can you live with his flaw's, because they will only magnify any time you are irritated with him. But most important, is he the kind of person that would be your friend, tell you your ass is getting to wide, but hold your hair as you puke up your gut's?"

  Bishop was all of those things, but I had no problem hearing him say that my butt was getting too large.  

  In a blink of an eye, I thought of all these things, my mind racing. Mind made up, I dug my left hand in to my belt pouch and found the tiny but well hidden pouch sewn in next to a seam and pulled out my Great Aunt's promise ring.

  I looked at that ring in the palm of my other hand, He would not know what the different triple braided metal strands meant, The Rose gold, two heart's bound to one life.. The White gold, two people bound in the same cause or purpose.. The Black gold, Two lives bound til death.  The knot in the center looked like a flower at first glance, but was meant to hide the tiny crystal shard that could be en-spelled.

   "Among my people a contract or promise is one-sided if an exchange is not made. My Great Aunt had a matching set made for her and her Love, they wore them til their death. Hers was given to me, as I always admired it."  Truthful, but not the whole truth, I loved the craftsmanship, but it was the idea behind the ring I had truly loved. Those two shards in the ring were bound together by a spell, blood from both people the binding, it would allow the one to caste their life essence to the other, call it a final strike at whomever had managed to land a killing blow at. One would not outlive the other.

   Bishop looked at the ring in my hand and then, frowned.  "It has a bit of magicka in it, it will expand to fit your finger." He nodded and put it on, I did the same with his.

   "Does this mean we can get naked now?" His voice was deep and soft as he pulled me close.

   " Oh indeed it does, though not right here where all can see", then I pulled myself closer to him and as our lips met, I rubbed against him like a cat and felt his heart start beating quicker.

   "Let's go home Princess".

P.S.
   You'd have thought that in three days of travel, we could have had a night to ourselves, but no.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment