Tuesday, July 4, 2017

27th of Hearthfire, 4E 201

  We left for Riverwood before the light of day, the road between the towns generally safe from all but wolves. I did tell him thank you for the armor again, it was soft as butter, but thick enough to do the job. 

  We had no sooner come around the last bend in the road, when I heard a now familiar sound.  It was familiar enough that Bishop cursed and Karnwyr whined, I wasn't any to happy myself.

  Thankfully most of the citizen's stayed under cover as the frosty breath of the dragon froze whatever it touched. The town did loose a couple chickens, which seemed to make the Nord's angry indeed. 

  It took a good two hours, but finally the dragon crash landed across the river from town and arrow's shot from many bows to put the beast to rest. I walked across the river to absorb the dragon's knowledge and power in the form of it's soul. 

  The townsfolk thanked me and all offered to buy me a round at the Inn, after the clean up was done. I smiled and agreed, but said the main clean up I wanted to do was a bath.

  I asked Delphine for the "Attic room", knowing their wasn't one... which she said and gave me another room. She followed me in and said to follow her . I did, Bishop closed the door behind us and then took up a spot leaning against a post by the stairs.

  Five minutes later I was storming out of the room, prove to HER that I was Dragonborn, go and slay a dragon where she chose because.. I was so angry I barely heard what Bishop said before slamming out the door.

   "Wench, had to walked out the door to hear what the screaming and roaring  was you would have seen her absorb a dragons soul And not pissed her off. "

   I left town going up the hill towards Helgen, as that was the quickest way out and I didn't want to talk to anyone right then. The sheer gall of the woman, I "needed to prove being Dragonborn" to HER.. She could rot in Oblivion for all I cared.

  I was half way to Helgen before I calmed enough to start thinking clearly again. I knew Bishop was behind me, though I could only hear Karnwyr's panting.

"Lady-ship, a moment please." the hesitant tone in his voice was unusual enough that I stopped and looked at him. "I have something I'd like to show you, if you don't mind the walk." 

  As I didn't mind and wanted to get out and see some of this vast land, walk we did.  The bandit's in Helgen didn't last two minutes and I knew my magicka skills had increased some.  I would need to learn some new spells.

  Early evening a few days later, we were on the path to a tower, more bandit's to fight, but they were much easier than the Dragon that had started the day.

 On one of the landing's Bishop stopped and looked out over The Rift and started telling me about finding Karnwyr here and the man that meant more to him than his father and... trust. How much he trusted me and he handed me a ring. It was a battered ring, with a wolf's head on it.

  I looked down at it in the palm of my hand. A simple thing a ring, but the meaning could be many things depending on one's culture. 

  Now was the time to tell him who I really am, not like I was the daughter of the King of High Rock, no.. not that. Distant cousin, yes, but only because the rich merchant side of the family married into a very prominent but poor Noble family. 

  So I told him of my family, how I thought they were probably all dead and if it had the King's sanction I could not ever go back home. The political and social games that the "Houses" played. How if any thought that I was still alive assassin's would follow me til I wasn't.

  I could feel the warmth coming from his body he was so close, he ran his hand from my shoulder down my arm and took my hand in his and tugged lightly til I had turned to face him. Then placed my hand over his heart, both of his covering mine.

"Lady-ship, it doesn't matter that your Nobility, I knew that anyway, it's in every line of your body, every word you speak. The present is the only thing that matters to me." He leaned down, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine as he placed butterfly kisses along my cheek, then whispered softly, " What's mine I protect and I dare them to try and take it away. Wolves mate for life Lady-ship, decide what you want, cause I know I want you."  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment