Sunday, July 9, 2017

30th of Hearthfire, 4E 201

  We got to the farm early in the evening and because the last couple of days were.... frustrating to say the least, wanted nothing more than to spend time alone. Soon as we walked through the door, there was Lydia, all smiles and "Happy to see you My Thane." Bishop was growling behind my back.

  I smacked his hand away and told Lydia I was happy to see her as well.. and could she go into town and get some fresh provisions?  and perhaps take a day or three?

  She looked back and forth between the two of us and then said she would be more than happy to head into town. She'd be back when the Mannered Mare ran out of Ale or Uthgerd decided to pick a fight.

I don't think Lydia made the garden gate before my feet came out from under me and Bishop was heading to our bedroom. I am sure I might have growled at him a few times, before he had me purring  like a well contented kitten. 

 I loved both the bath in our room and the pool outside.  We slept under the star's more than once, while the weather was fine. I would read aloud and play my lute, tell him stories of my youth.  He told me stories also, but they were a bit dark, it did not take much to understand why he distrusted everyone.

  As the sun crested the mountain's across the tundra, Bishop, Karnwyr and I set out to hunt something for dinner. I'm pretty sure any of the three of us could have taken down any number of tasty meats on the hoof, but I think for the "boys" it was more about getting out.

  It was a good day, Karnwry chasing rabbits and deer, frisking about like a pup and Bishop relaxed and happy. I was content, the day was bright, the scenery more than beautiful, with the play of light from the sun playing peek-a-boo with the clouds.

  It was a perfect day, that is until we got back to the farm. A courier was waiting at the gate, I thanked him and gave him a few pieces of gold. Then skimmed the missive and told him to come back by mid-morning and I would have a response for him to take back.

  I sighed and walked into the house, Bishop followed behind. I handed him the letter and then walked into the kitchen and started to cook some venison.  

  I thought best when doing something that required little thought. I cut the back-strap into medallions and fixed up a marinade of wine and spices, then set the medallions to soak for a few.  I set about chopping various vegetables and then made some dough up for flat bread and changing half the dough a bit made up a batch for sweet rolls and set that aside to rise.

  I seared the venison and then put it in the oven with the flat-bread, using the same pan as the venison, I mixed up some gravy. Then when the bread and venison were almost done, cooked the vegetables. 

  Over dinner Bishop and I talked about Delphine's apology, he basically said screw them all, I didn't need her bull shit. I truly did not, but I did need to find out why, why me, why were all the dragon's coming back. 

  In my gut I knew it had something to do with that large black dragon that had attacked Helgen. I didn't like the woman, fellow Breton though she be. The note the courier brought said that she would take the evidence of my being dragonborn from the dragon that was dead outside the Inn. 

  Not like you could miss the bones, but I knew she would never trust in me unless she saw it with her own eyes. So we would leave for Riverwood in a day or so and then off to where ever this dragon mound was.

No comments:

Post a Comment