Wednesday, June 28, 2017

19th of Last Seed 4E 201

   Bandit's and the dead, walking and otherwise. At a guess I was the only one stupid enough to take on the task, I mean I know their had to be merc's that needed the gold and put as gold and honor they might have gotten the Companions to take the task.

  But no, just one young and dumb Breton, with not even a guard to help. I got the stone the Wizard wanted and took it back to the wizard and where did I find myself next?  Oh I am sooo glad I you thought to ask ( ok yes I am laughing at myself) I found myself following Whiterun's guards to one of the Watchtowers, that was under attack from a dragon. 

  What can I say about that fight that anyone reading this 100 year's from now would understand? This dragon was not as large as the black one that had destroyed Helgen, but the fire that spewed  from it's mouth was devastating to those not prepared with magical wards.  

  My, limited alteration skills were put to the test and thankfully held. I knew I would be learning new spells and looking for charm's and enchanted item's that would protect me from not only fire, but also the other elements that a dragon could possibly spit at me.

  And I knew, knew with the death of Mirmulnir, that I was different, that my life would never be the same again. I absorbed not only his soul, but the power and knowledge that he had acquired in hundred's of years of life, even if those years had been centuries in the past.

  I am sitting and writing this in the small house that I bought in Whiterun. Looking that the woman that the Jarl had appointed my Housecarl. She towered over me, as most Nord's do, Lydia and I think, no I am sure she is wondering how she got stuck following the orders of some snot nosed kid. Tomorrow or the next day we will be heading to High Hrothgar to speak to the Greybeards, the Jarl said that they had summoned me to their Temple on the top of the highest peak in Skyrim.

  I was hoping they could explain what being Dragonborn meant more than anyone else, I had asked. I had an awareness I had not had before, but also a sadness that I knew came from loneliness and rage. I understood neither.

Ah well, something to sleep on and not dwell over.

No comments:

Post a Comment