Thursday, June 29, 2017

6th of Hearthfire, 4E 201

  We have Karnwyr and are heading to Windhelm in the Morning, Bishop says that is the closest town to where we are. I had not been to this part of Skyrim before, having mostly done work around Whiterun and Riverwood.

  I am very glad we had our own bedrolls, as the one's in the bandit camp reeked of mildew and cheap ale. A frost spell took care of anything crawling around IN the tent, the bedding, again got burned.  I seriously hate the smell of burning fur.

  We had found Karnwyr in a holding pen, the bandit's had a pit fighting ring going. I caste a paralyze spell on all the other wolves, when we were getting ready to leave, they would wake to find the gates to the cages open. 

  Halfway past the thermal pools we gave a giant camp a wide berth, but it did us little good, as we soon found ourselves dancing between mammoths, giant's and a very aggressive fire breathing dragon.

  Did I mention I hate the smell of fur burning?  Fur, fat and entrails are even worse. We finally defeated that dragon and made a dash for safety as the giant was none to happy about loosing one of his mammoths, even if we didn't do it. 

  We stayed in Kynesgrove over night, where I played my lute to the delight of the patrons, some of which said they were also on the way to Windhelm. A renown Master Bard was playing at the Palace of Kings.  I nodded and wondered if I any room's would be available. 

  I had to replace my sword, which I had dropped during battle, when the dragon's fire made it too hot to hold, my crossbow was also toast, literally. I really didn't have to replace them, I had enough magicka, I could summon a sword, but my Father always said, "Steel girl, you can exhaust magicka, but your steel will always be there for you".  

  Well it would have... I'm sure it didn't melt, but I looked everywhere, well except under the dead mammoth.

No comments:

Post a Comment